March 4th is Peter Gray’s birthday but we’re celebrating a day early this year. Peter contributed to our community in many ways. He served on the Amesbury Educational Foundation, Amesbury School Committee and laid the groundwork for the banking program at Amesbury High School. He coached minor league baseball, was a charter member of AYRBall and was an active Rotarian. In 1994 the Amesbury Chamber of Commerce recognized Peter as Citizen of the Year.
Friends and colleagues characterized Pete as a loyal friend and mentor. He cared deeply for his family and the “community family”.
The Amesbury Chamber of Commerce awards annually the Peter Gray Memorial Scholarship in the amount of $500 to an AHS graduate who has been actively involved in community service and is pursuing further education in business. We hope to increase the amount of that scholarship with your support.
As business owners, you know that every dollar and every hour makes a difference. Join us on giv-ing day, in Pete’s honor, by making a contribution of any amount, at any hour, to the Peter Gray Memorial Scholarship. As a business community, this is our way to mentor Amesbury graduates who make great citizens.
On March 3rd you can make a gift by:
- credit card on our website at any hour by clicking here (write ‘giving day’ in the comments field)
- cash, check or credit card at the Chamber of Commerce between 7am and 7pm
- credit card over the phone between 7am and 7pm by calling 978-388-3178
- cash or check from your desk by having a runner come to you, call 978-388-3178 between 7am and 7pm (10 minute radius)
- check by using our mail slot at 5 Market Square.