Annual Events Around Amesbury
- Health Fair and Farmer’s Market
- The Amesbury Chamber of Commerce invites you to spring into a season of health. In May of each year local business put together a program of events designed for you to try a new therapeutic practice, take a deep breath, examine your behaviors, pick up a new hobby, or just consciously engage in your preferred stress reliever. The events always include a Health Fair and Farmers Market. Stay tuned for the 2017 Market date.
- Amesbury Pines Open
- Part of May Madness the Amesbury Pines Disc Golf Course is home of the Amesbury Pines Open with the Professional Disc Golf Association. The Open attracts visitors from across the region to a beautiful area of Amesbury. This eighteen hole course is wooded and has a few holes that play over the ponds. To learn more about the Amesbury Pines Disc Golf Course visit https://www.facebook.com/AmesburyPinesDiscGolf/.
- Block Party
- A long standing Amesbury tradition, the Amesbury Chamber of Commerce Block Party kicks off Amesbury Days and summer fun for the whole family. Thousands gather on Main Street from the corners of School Street to Aubin Street and indulge in food, drink, and entertainment. The annual favorites include a dunk tank, pony rides, and face paint. The Block Party is a fundraiser for the Amesbury Charitable Foundation and is an important tradition for our community. Proceeds go directly to supporting this fund and the beautification of Amesbury, including the hanging flower baskets and kissing balls in the downtown area. Visit again soon for the 2017 party date.
- Amesbury Days
- Annually all of Amesbury takes a bit of a break as we prepare for the 4th of July holiday and kick off summer. Started more than a century ago as a break for the workers in our mills Amesbury Days now often includes more than a week of activities celebrating tradition. The Block Party kicks off events that also include a Movie and Music in the Millyard, the Strawberry Festival and Employee Lunch, Kids Day in the Park, a concert at the newly renovated Banstand, and Pancakes in the Pines, all leading up to the Fireworks at Woodsom Farm. Whether you live in Amesbury or simply love to visit, Amesbury Days has events for everyone to enjoy. For more information visit amesburydays.org.
- 2017 Fireworks: July 3rd 2017
- Dam Triathlon
- The DAM Triathlon is a sprint distance triathlon held in July at Amesbury’s Lake Gardner. The ½ mile swim is great for newbies and the 12 mile scenic bike course travels through some beautiful New England farm country. The 3.1 mile run is a quick and then you’re headed for the finish line back at the Lake. For more information and 2017 dates visit http://www.bnseventmanagement.com/events/DAMTRIATHLON.html.
- Movies in the Millyard
- Every August the Amesbury Chamber of Commerce arranges free outdoor-movie showings in the Al Capp Amphitheatre. Movies change but showings are always at dusk with free popcorn, first come, first served seating.
- Amesbury Harvest Fair and Country Music Festival
- Two full days and three evenings of concerts in Landry Stadium featuring award winning national Country and Americana musicians. Come and enjoy lectures and exhibitions on the history of Amesbury. Also experience the Farmers Market, Artisan Food Vendors, Crafts, and Acoustic Music throughout Downtown Amesbury. All downtown activities are free to the public, while the concerts at Landry Stadium is a ticketed event.
- Firefighters Chili Cook Off
- More than a decade in the making the Amesbury Fire Department proudly hosts an Annual Fire Fighters Chili Cook- Off when the weather cools down. Departments from across the area bring the heat but your vote counts. Entry is affordable and there is also beer, live music, and inflatables for the kids. Don’t miss this great event! Local Fire Departments should contact AFD for information regarding participation.
- September 30, 2017 12:00pm-4:00pm
- Downtown Trick or Treat
- Dozens of downtown businesses and organizations open their doors for our Annual Downtown Trick-or-treat. Coordinated by the Amesbury Chamber of Commerce and sponsored by the Newburyport Five Cents Savings Bank all ghosts, goblins, and their buddies get to proceed at their own pace and visit as many locations as they can. Maps of participating businesses will be posted in advance.
- October 24, 2017 5:30-7:30pm
- Village of the Church Fairs
- If you haven’t started holiday shopping yet, now is the time. In early November out Churches fill will handmade, new, and used items. All local churches participate and benefit from the Village of Church Fairs. It’s a wonderful weekend to discover Amesbury.
- November 4, 2017 9:00am-3:00pm
- Open Studio Tours
- The Amesbury Cultural Council invites you to enjoy an incredible weekend of art, culture, and community in Amesbury. Throughout the weekend, the finest local artists open their studios to display and sell their work. This is a unique opportunity to support Amesbury’s local creative economy and purchase one-of-a-kind works of art. Begin the tour at 62 Friend Street to pick up your map and enjoy time in downtown Amesbury filled with art, music, and food.
- November 11, 2017 10:00am-5:00pm
- November 12, 2017 11:00am-4:00pm
- Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting
- The Amesbury Holiday Parade starts at 3:30pm on the first Saturday of December. Join together and welcome Santa to town by finding a front row seat from Sparhawk Street to Main Street, or Market Square. When Santa arrives in Market Square he’ll lead us in holiday carols and lighting the Christmas Tree. After the tree is lit you can follow Santa to The Provident Bank for pictures and cocoa. If you have any questions about the holiday parade visit amesburyholidayparade.com, for information about the tree lighting and caroling contact the Amesbury Chamber of Commerce.
- Shop Local, Shop Late
- Throughout the month of December stores throughout Amesbury stay open late on Thursday nights. These nights are a great opportunity to celebrate the season, enjoy a festive atmosphere and take care of your holiday shopping right here in Amesbury. With the help of local sponsors the Chamber of Commerce will be adding to the fun with family friendly entertainment and activities.
- 2017: December 7, 14, 21, 28